Strawberry filled petit beurre

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Galletas rellenas de fresa

Born to be eaten

Petit Beurre is a small rectangular cookie that was invented in 1886 by Louis Lefèvre-Utile in Nantes. This cookie, quickly became a true classic in French country, with millions of packages sold every year throughout the world. Le petit beurre is a very crispy biscuit, not too sweet and not too rich. Its signature silhouette has dents all around the edges, tiny holes on the surface as if pricked by a fork, and a small browned ear at each corner.

The best part of the recipe is that it has no egg in it, so it is perfect for people with egg-allergy. Filled with strawberry buttercream, they are great with a cup of tea!

Crema de fresas Galletas rellenas de fresa

Galletas rellenas de fresa Galletas rellenas de fresa

{Strawberry petit beurre}

• 200 g strawberries, washed
  • 200 g butter, room temperature
  • 150 g confectioners’ sugar
  • Cookie cutter:

• I used this Miffy Rabbit Cookie Cutter and Stamp

Directions

1. Prepare the petit beurre dough. Place, sugar, butter and water in a medium saucepan, and melt, stirring until smooth. Let cool the mixture a bit.
    2. Add flour and baking powder and stir until combined. Make two balls, wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours
    3. Preheat oven to 350º F (180 ºC). Flour your worktop, and roll the dough to a very thin layer (max. 3 mm). Using a cookie cutter, cut out shape and place them on a baking tray lined with paper parchment
    4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before filling
    5. Whilst the cookies are cooling down, prepare strawberry buttercream. Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed.
    6. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add strawberry puree; mix until just blended. Add more sugar as necessary to make it thicker.
    7. Use a piping bag to fill one cookie, and sandwich with another cookie. Repeat until all the cookies are done. Store in an airtight container in the fridge
NOTES:

• To keep from burning the bottom of your cookies or over baking, use a double pan
  • If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here

Autora : Sandeea Cocina

22 Comments a “Strawberry filled petit beurre”

1. 10 June 2013, 3:45 pm - Mommer

OK – WHERE did you find the adorable cookie cutter with the imprints???

Also – could not find any date for this entry – so I have no idea how old this post is!

2. 10 June 2013, 3:48 pm - Mommer

Sorry – I see the date on the home page – I was following the recipe link from Pinterest! And YAY! You made PInterest! And yes, I repinned it! : )

3. 10 June 2013, 4:38 pm - Emily

These are so adorable! I’m going to have to get some miffy cookie cutters now! Your photos are amazing btw xx

4. 10 June 2013, 9:45 pm - Marcela

PERFECT! I am an Egg intolerant person! thanksssss for sharing this!

Also, Where did you get those cuties cookie cutterrrr! *.*

5. 10 June 2013, 9:46 pm - Marcela

OK I found it! I was so excited about the cookie hahaha Thank you again!

6. 11 June 2013, 3:22 am - Dina

i love the cute bunny shape. the strawberry buttercream sounds delish!

7. 11 June 2013, 11:12 am - vijetha

Love your creations! They look like art :-) Will try a recipe of yours shortly…

8. 11 June 2013, 3:38 pm - Monica

These are simply adorable! Any little girl would swoon. Plus, they look delicious. : )

9. 11 June 2013, 10:43 pm - sara

SO CUTE! These are amazing – super adorable! :)

10. 18 June 2013, 10:27 pm - camilleb

Miam miam, ils sont trop mignons et surtout ils me font saliver! Merci pour le partage ;-)

11. 23 June 2013, 8:52 pm - Mamie Gâteaux

Amagad…
    So cute, in love with your recipe!

12. 25 June 2013, 12:57 am - Kiran @ KiranTarun.com

So so adorable!!!

13. 26 June 2013, 8:10 pm - SandeeA

Thank you! Merci bien! I bought the Miffy cutter in Ebay, there is a link in the post! Have a nice day :)

14. 5 November 2013, 3:36 pm - erin

What type of flour have people used? Plain or self raising?

Responder a este comentario
  15. 6 November 2013, 9:38 pm - http://chsebdelhi.org/bottega-veneta/bottega-veneta-online-usa.html

my friend, this is an nice article.

16. 8 January 2014, 12:15 am - CATHERINE

Super petit beurre ! Il faut dire que les photos sont magnifiques !!! Mais où donc trouver ces emporte pièce lapin (rabbit). Il me faut absolument connaître le site de vente ou l’adresse du fournisseur !!! Bye !!!

17. 26 March 2014, 9:22 pm - Yen

Hi – Love your website. These Miffy cookies are adorable and I’ve been eating Le Petit Buerre cookies for as long as I can remember. I never had it with strawberry buttercream. I will be making these soon. I was wondering if the strawberry buttercream have to be refrigerated? Even after you sandwich it between the cookies, does the cookies have to be refrigerated also?

18. 28 March 2014, 9:01 pm - uncredited

If you would like to get a good deal from this article
    then you have to apply such strategies to your won website.

19. 15 April 2014, 10:55 am - Petra

Beautiful photos, we featured your recipe in our Bunny Days Series!

Responder a este comentario

Talk now or forever hold your peace