Chocolate mascarpone tarts

Tartaletas de chocolate, mascarpone y frambuesasTartaletas de chocolate, mascarpone y frambuesas

{Chocolate, raspberry and mascarpone tarts}

Prep time: 20 min plus refrigeration time

Cooking time: 15 min

Yield: 1 20-24 cm (8-9,5 inch) tart, or 2 10-12 cm (4-5 inch) tarts

Ingredients

Cocoa pie dough:

• 200 g flour (1 3/4 cup)
  • 40 g unsweetened cococa powder (1/3 cup)
  • 1 pinch powdered cayena pepper (optional)
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 80 g sugar (1/2 cup)
  • 150 g butter, very cold, and cut into squares (2/3 cup)
  • 2 tbs vodka, very cold
  • White chocolate and mascarpone filling:

• 400 g white chocolate (14 oz)
  • 200 ml double cream (4/5 cup)
  • 100 g butter (1/2 cup)
  • 4 tbs mascarpone cheese (about 200 g, or 7 oz), room temperature
  • Decoration:

• 1 cup raspberries

Directions

1. Start preparing your pie crust. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, cayena and salt in a large bowl. Using your finger tips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it is in pea-size pieces. Pour in vodka and mix just until the dough comes together. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
    2. Remove crust dough from the refrigerator. Roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface to a circle; about 0,5 cm thick. As you roll out the dough, check if the dough is sticking to the surface below. If necessary, add a few sprinkles of flour under the dough to keep the dough from sticking. Carefully place onto a 8-inch flutted pie plate (or 2 smaller ones). Gently press the pie dough down, and cut edges. Fit a circle of parchment or foil into the crust and fill with dried beans before baking.
    3. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, whilst preheating oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC), and then and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely before unmolding
    4. In a medium saucepan, bring cream to the boil. Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and butter, and let rest for 5 minutes. Then stir until dissolved. Add mascarpone cheese, and stir until combined. Pour chocolate-mascarpone filling over cocoa crust, and chill until set, preferably overnight.
    5. Just before serving, decorate with fresh raspberries

NOTES:

Autora : Sandeea Cocina

22 Comments a “Chocolate mascarpone tarts”

1. 26 June 2013, 3:54 pm - a quiet life

another thing of beauty, such gorgeous pics and recipes, thank you~

• 26 June 2013, 8:08 pm - SandeeA

thank you!

2. 26 June 2013, 7:08 pm - Olivia

Hi! Loooovd this recipe, will make at the next opportunity, just wondering about the vodka- any reason other than nice taste purposes? Could I substitute with gin or brandy etc..? Thanks!

• 26 June 2013, 8:09 pm - SandeeA

Well, in fact vodka as a liquid helps the dough comes together, and according to an article by The Cook’s Illustrated several years ago, it prevents gluten from forming, which is something desirable when preparing a pie dough… so you can use gin, or water if you prefer

3. 26 June 2013, 10:16 pm - Judit + Corina @WineDineDaily

These darling tarts look absolutely GORGEOUS!

4. 27 June 2013, 6:50 am - thefolia

How interesting about the vodka and the pie crust. I don’t care for vodka at all, however, when it comes to baking it works. I use it to make my own vanilla extract. I split the vanilla bean and let in soak in vodka for at least three months–voila,homemade vanilla extract. Happy Nesting!

• 29 June 2013, 9:27 am - SandeeA

that sounds great! thank you :)

5. 27 June 2013, 6:59 am - Kiran @ KiranTarun.com

Oh my gosh! These are delicate and delicious tarts!! I made similar ones and studded it with raspberries yesterday. Great minds think alike ;)

6. 27 June 2013, 8:32 am - Aya @sukarah

What a beautiful tart. I need to make them very soon else am going to be liking my monitor {not cool}. Cheers, Aya

7. 27 June 2013, 2:55 pm - Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor

Gorgeous tarts! I’ve been looking for a chocolate pie dough to try with another recipe and this looks like it might work perfectly!

8. 27 June 2013, 5:08 pm - Caroline

Hi! I am trying to start a food blog myself and I was wondering what site you used to create your own webpage.
    Thanks so much!

• 29 June 2013, 9:25 am - SandeeA

I started in blogger, and later I moved to WP

9. 29 June 2013, 9:25 am - SandeeA

Thank you all for your kind comments! :) By mistake when I first posted this, the filling quantities were for one small 4-5 inch tart- Now I have corrected it, my apologies for the inconvenience! Have a nice day

10. 29 June 2013, 5:13 pm - Lorein

This looks wonderful! I started baking it just about 30 mins ago, and I have a couple of questions:
    1. you mention sugar for the crust, but there is no info about the sugar usage in the actual recipe steps..
    2. could you please fix the prep time and cooking time? they are a bit misleading..i am expecting guests, and wanted to show off this beautiful tart, but while reading the recipe, about 1 hour before the guests arrive, i got some surprises about the refrigerating time + letting to set time.. :)

Looking forward to tasting it, as rushed as i made it :)

• 29 June 2013, 6:29 pm - SandeeA

Corrected it, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience! Anyway, I always advise to read recipe before getting started… In prep and cook time I always indicate how much time it takes for a person to prepare the recipe, but it does not include refrigeration/resting time… in that case I should indicate 24 hours sometimes, and it would also be misleading! :)

• 1 July 2013, 8:39 am - Lorein

Reporting back with results: the taste was wonderful! I think next time I will skip the sugar in the batter again, since it was just the perfect balance (i prefer less sweet sweets :) )
      Thank you for this recipe, for me it’s a keeper :)

11. 30 June 2013, 9:34 pm - Dina

lovely tarts!

12. 21 September 2013, 1:06 pm - Agata

I’m so in love with your recipe! I’m going to bake it tomorrow, but I have one guestion… I can’t understand what means “Fit a circle of parchment or foil into the crust and fill with dried beans before baking.”? Can you explain it to me inother words? I’m foreign so sometimes it’s hard to me to understand everything! :)

• 2 October 2013, 5:30 pm - Cin

Agata, that is meant to be done so when the crust is baking it doesn’t rise, the beans help in doing this because they weigh it down, and the foil is to prevent the beans from baking in the crust.

13. 24 July 2014, 5:59 pm - Alice | Close Encounters of the Cooking Kind

I love the look of this tart and would love to give it a try one day. Can I just double check, you say 4 tbsp of mascarpone (about 200g/7 oz), but 4 tbsp is much less than 200g. Is that a typo?

14. 29 July 2014, 5:20 pm - Mónica

Hi Sandra! I’m just cooking this tart that looks amazing; it would be a nice birthday cake for a good friend (hope so!).
    I’m guessing the pie plate should be coated with butter/flour for example, to avoid stiking?
    I’ll do it that way and let you know the results (pic inlcuded).
    Many thanks!

15. 17 August 2014, 9:10 am - Natalie

Very beautiful and creative design!

Responder a este comentario

Talk now or forever hold your peace