Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Yield: 24 cookies
- 400 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 200 g butter, cold and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
- Divide the dough in two or three, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of maximum 0,3 cm.
- Place an embossing mat (or crochet mat) on top of the dough, and using rolling pin, lightly roll over mat to imprint dough. Carefully remove mat.
- Freeze dough for 30 minutes, or place on the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies, and transfer them on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until just slightly golden at the edges. Transfer on a rack to cool completely, and keep in a tin box in a dry place
- If you do not have an embossing mat, or crochet mat, you might used an embossed glass, or a decorative rolling pin
- To keep from burning the bottom of your cookies or over baking, use a double pan
- Make chocolate cookies by substituting 50 g flour for 50 g cocoa powder
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+