Salad lattice bowl

ensalada de rucula en cesta

Edible lattice bowls

ensalada de rucula en cesta

Arugula, iberiam ham and pinenuts salad

Recipe in video here (in Spanish)

{Salad edible bowl}

Preparation time: 20 min

Cooking time: 15 min

Yield: 2

Ingredients

• 2 pie dough sheets (or puff pastry, pizza dough, storebought, or homemade)
  • 2 tablespoons oilve oil
  • 2 ovenproof bowls

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400º F and roll out one sheet of dough
  2. Using a sharp knife slice the dough as shown on the pictures below. Create lattice pattern with strips of dough and cut out rounds slightly larger than the oven proof bowls
  3. Brush bowl with some olive oil and cover the lightly greased bowl with the dough. Cut off the excess dough. Coil the two strips around the edge
  4. Repeat process with the remaining sheet of dough
  5. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
  6. Let the pastry bowls cool for 10 minute before unmolding carefully
  7. Let the bowls cool completely over a wire rack, and freeze if you are not going to use them on the same day
  8. Galletas exprés paso a paso

NOTES:

• Salad on the pictures was made with arugula, pinenuts, iberiam cured ham, and extra virgin olive oil
  • If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here

Autora : Sandeea Cocina

8 Comments a “Salad lattice bowl”

1. 19 September 2012, 2:57 am - Sridevi Ravi

This is so cute. I am spellbound and will try it soon and let you know.

Responder a este comentario
    • 19 September 2012, 12:11 pm - SandeeA

Thank you, I would love to see it! :)

2. 19 September 2012, 1:08 pm - Migle

That is a super idea!! Simply great! Can’t wait to suprise my guests with edible bowls :)

Responder a este comentario
  3. 19 September 2012, 5:51 pm - Little B

What a cool idea & the pictures are wonderful! Congrats :)

Responder a este comentario
  4. 20 September 2012, 11:39 pm - Patricia

What a surprise for a luncheon, party or pot luck get together. Thank you.

Responder a este comentario
  5. 21 September 2012, 10:36 pm - SandeeA

Responder a este comentario
  6. 14 April 2013, 5:12 pm - a quiet life

i am wild over your blog, you are sooooo talented and such gorgeous pics! i made this bowl the minute someone shared your page, LOVE IT! look forward to making many more of your atistic creations~

Responder a este comentario
  7. 2 May 2013, 10:25 am - 6580

Hey there, my name’s Trinidad and I sometimes blog about this subject too. Actually, if I may, let me ask you something.. Could it just be me or does it look like some of the responses seem like they are coming from a bunch of idiots? :-P Also, if you’re on other social network sites like web 2.

0 site list, I’d like to stay in touch. Perhaps you could post some links to some of them?

Responder a este comentario

Talk now or forever hold your peace