Easy strawberry icecream

Helado de fresa

Easy strawberry ice cream

I would like to say that this recipe for strawberry ice cream is the result of years of hard research, but the fact is that I came to it by chance: I had prepared strawberry jam that was too liquid, so I decided to mix it with whipped cream and see what happened … Just like that, it is a luscious cream pie filling or frosting. But if you freeze this cream, you will get a delicious icecream, even if you do not use an icecream maker. You will only need 10 minutes, and three simple ingredients: strawberry jam, cream, and lemon juice for an easy strawberry homemade ice cream! Give it a try, and let me know.

Helado de fresa

you just need 3 ingredients

Helado de fresa

do you want some?

Helado de fresa

cloud macarons...

Helado de fresa

... filled with nutella

{Easy strawberry icecream}

Ingredients:

• 500 g strawberries jam (aprox 17 oz)
  • 500 ml whipping cream (2 cups)
  • juice of one lemon

Directions:

1. Put cold heavy
    cream in a mixing bowl. With an electric hand mixer or a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream. As the cream thickens, start checking for a soft peak, which is what you want. Be careful, because if it goes too far, the cream will clump and separate (essentially become butter).
  2. Mix strawberries jam and lemon juice.
  3. Add jam to whipped cream carefully, and mix throroughly.
  4. Freeze for at least 8 hours. Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving

Preparation: 10 min plus freezing time

Cooking time: no cooking needed

Yield: 6-8 servings

Rating:  ★★★★★ 1 Average value 5

NOTES: The cloud macarons were prepared after this recipe, using this template by RoseAndCook.com Alternativeley, you might use the cloud macarons to decorate cupcakes (see pictures below)

Autora : Sandeea Cocina

7 Comments a “Easy strawberry icecream”

1. 12 June 2012, 7:56 am - Mel

Wow, this is so easy to make, isn’t it? No need with egg yolks too and this is the ice cream that I want to make. Thanks!

Responder a este comentario
  2. 12 June 2012, 10:16 am - Alessandra

What a beautiful post and blog, and I love the photos, I will pin a few if you don’t mind, so I will remember where to come for inspiration!

Ciao
    Alessandra

Responder a este comentario
  3. 13 June 2012, 5:15 am - Ana Carolina Azevedo

I’m curious about something… are the last pictures of the icecream from the recipe or are they from something else? Cuz they look like muffins…

Responder a este comentario
    • 13 June 2012, 4:16 pm - SandeeA

Hi Ana,

it is explained on the notes section, just wanted to show you that you might use the cloud macarons to decorate some cupcakes for instance… Thanks :)

4. 14 June 2012, 3:35 am - Ana Carolina Azevedo

thanks a lot!!!! i’m not a native english speaker so it kinda gets confusing sometimes :) i’ll try the recipe later for sure!

Responder a este comentario
  5. 19 June 2012, 5:49 pm - SandeeA

Thanks for commenting! So glad you liked the recipe! Please let me know if you give it a try and feel free to send me a pic of the recipe if you have prepared it or published it in your blog, I will be glad to feature it here! Please use this link to do so http://www.larecetadelafelicidad.com/en/have-you-prepared-a-recipe-from-this-blog

Responder a este comentario
  6. 25 August 2012, 12:01 am - Ann

Sounds so easy and looks so delicious – and of course just beautiful photography.

Responder a este comentario

Talk now or forever hold your peace