- 200 g boiled beet puree
- 650 g strong wheat flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 25 g sugar, or a couple tablespoons honey
- 300 ml water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of powdered black pepper
- 50 g butter, room temperature
- Put the flour and yeast in a bowl and combine. Add the boiled beet puree, sugar, pepper, water and salt. Use a large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together.
- Add butter and mix again.
- Grease your hands with some olive oil, as well as your working area.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead. You will feel the dough become elastic after kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, smooth and slightly shiny.
- Put the dough into a lightly floured bowl and cover with a cloth.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until its size doubles (2 hours depending on the room temperature).
- Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate it by touching lightly.
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces, and roll each of them into a ball.
- Place them on a paper parchment, and let the bread rest for 15-30 minutes, whilst preheating oven to 400º F.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until golden brown
- Let the breads cool, and decorate using a heart stencil and sifted flour.
- This bread can be frozen
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 24
Descripción: Blend of minced veal, garlic, parsley and other ingredients, which is shaped to resemble a steak
- 400-500 g ground veal
- 1 egg
- Two garlic gloves, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, plus 1/2 cup more for coating
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh powdered black pepper
- Olive oil for frying li>
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, egg, two tablespoons bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Coat the patties with breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown patties on both sides in oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, you’ll have to cook these in batches.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve inmediately with fresh salad and beet bread.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12