You sometimes ask me where I get ideas from, and the answer is very simple: I have two sources of inspiration at home. My two “muses” love stickers … whilst I am starting to hate them (the stickers!). Pablo is interested in home decorating: he covers walls, furniture, sofa, floor with sticks… Jorge in turn is more vain, and tends to decorate himself: face, hair … and often I get a surprise when changing his diaper.
So after months of removing stickers from unlikely places, I have finished removing sticks from hard boiled eggs to decorate them as polka dot Easter eggs… I suppose it was meant to be!
Summary:How to decorate easter eggs using stickers to create a polka dot effect
- boiled eggs (white preferably)
- white vinegar
- food colouring
- small round metallic stickers (not all stickers will work fine, that is why I suggest metallic ones, other types of stickers might not be removed as easily)
- Boil eggs, and let them cool
- Once cold, place stickers on every egg until covered
- Fill a glass or bowl with water (3/4 capacity), add 1 tbs vinegar and mix well
- Add drops of food color until you like the hue
- Put hard boiled eggs in the glass, one by one (I use a tablespoon to put them in and take them out)
- Dry the eggs with a paper towel and remove the stickers inmediately (Metallic stickers can be reused several times)
- For a glossier effect, wipe the eggs with vegetable oil (using a paper towel)
- When properly stored (3-4 days in the fridge), these easter eggs can be safely eaten afterwards. I suggest you using them to prepare these delicious hard boiled egg cookies, which are my sons’ favorites right now!
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+