I have been searching for the perfect doughnut recipe for a long time… and I must admit I have not found it yet. But this is a very good recipe, with the advantage the doughnuts are not deep fried, but baked in a donut maker. Nothing to do with all those recipes of donuts that look like donuts, but taste like cake or pancakes… these look like doughnuts and taste like doughnuts. I have prepared the donut lollipop version for my oldest son, who will be 4 next week, and wanted to bring something special to school to celebrate it with his little fellows.
If you do not have a donut maker, you can always prepare the classic donut version, and fry them… Hope you enjoy them!
- For the mini doughnuts dough (adapted from “Dough” by Bertinet):
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 200 g strong bread flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 80 g sugar
- 60 g butter, room temperature
- 10 g salt
- 2 eggs, size L
- 250 ml milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbs water
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbs water
- 150 g dark chocolate
For the sugar glaze:
For the chocolate glaze:
- Crumble the fresh yeast into the flour with your fingertips as if you were making a crumble
- Rub in the butter, then add the sugar and salt, and finally add the eggs and milk
- Knead for approximately 10 to 12 minutes (it is a very sticky dough). You can check here a Bertinet video preparing this recipe
- Place into a bowl, cover with a
tea towel and leave in a warm place for approximately 2 hours
- Preheat donut maker
- Spray machine with cooking oil.
- Cut dough into 48 pieces. Grease your hands, and take every piece to make a ball. Make a hole with your finger, and place the dough on the donut maker
- Fill every donut ring, close, and bake for 1 minute (2 maximum). Let them cool on a wire rack
- Repeat with remaining dough and take a hard decision: sugar glaze, or chocolate glaze. I was not able to make up my mind, so I ended using both at the same time
- To prepare the sugar glaze, just mix ingredients, dip every donut in the sugar icing, and let them set at room temperature
- To prepare the chocolate glaze, mix water and sugar. Add melted chocolate, and whisk until combined. If you feel the glaze is too solid, add a bit more water or microwave for a few seconds. If you find it too liquid, let the chocolate glaze at room temperature until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Dip every doughnut in chocolate icing, and let them set at room temperature.
- Call your family and friends if you don’t want to eat 48 mini donuts by yourself
- NOTE: If you do not have a donut maker, you can just deep fry the doughnuts (Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 ºF. Gently place a few doughnuts at a time into the hot oil, and fry until they float to the top and turn golden brown, about 3 minutes). The doughnuts can be frozen. If you want to prepare the “donut lollipop” version, you just have to sprinkle the donuts with some sugar decorations before the chocolate sets, and when completely dry place a lollipop stick on every doughnut
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+