Christmas jello

Gelatina de Navidad

Gelatina de Navidad

Gelatina de Navidad

{Christmas jello}

Summary: Adapted from this idea from Food Librarian

Ingredients

• 1 box (6 oz or 170 g) of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in red color (strawberry)
  • 1 box (6 oz or 170 g) of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in green color (lemon, I had to add a few drops of green colouring)
  • 1 big can sweetened condensed milk (740 g, or 26 oz)
  • 12 unflavored gelatin sheets (20 g or 0,7 oz powdered gelatin, two sachets)
  • some vegetable oil to grease the molds for optimal unmolding

Directions

1. For each gelatine flavor, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. In my case, I had to dissolve one box (two sachets) of jello into two cups of boiling water, and then add another two cups of cold water and stir until disolved.
  2. Pour the jello into a tupper container or a foil disposable mold (grease it for better unmolding) and chill (overnight is best, but 3 hours is enough).
  3. After chilling the two flavors, cut them into small blocks, and mix them.
  4. Oil lightly a bundt mold, and place the mixed blocks on it.
  5. In a separate bowl, place 12 sheets unflavored gelatin into 1 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms (5 minutes), add 1 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool for at least 15 minutes.
  6. Pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight. Unmold and enjoy!

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)

Cooking time: 10 minute(s)

Number of servings (yield): 16-18

Gelatina de Navidad

Autora : Sandeea Cocina

24 Comments a “Christmas jello”

1. 23 August 2012, 10:05 pm - Deb

2. 3 October 2012, 9:21 am - Ly

Nice. Been a while since I had one of these. We call those cathedral windows here in the Philippines. You have the most interesting tableware in your pics! Where’d you get them?

3. 18 October 2012, 3:36 am - Francie

Looks beautiful! But what are gelatin sheets? I have only found unflavored gelatin in packets. Four packets to a box. Can I use these, if so how many?

• 20 December 2012, 2:17 am - Pam M

I also need to know if you can use the gelatin packets and how many?

4. 25 October 2012, 5:27 pm - Karen

So pretty and looks tasty. What are gelatin sheets? I have only found unflavored gelatin in packets. Can I use these, if so how many?

5. 26 October 2012, 12:22 am - Holly

If you follow the link under the picture (Summary: Adapted from this idea from Food Librarian) it takes you to a blog that explains it in American measurements and terms. Also shows other ideas. This is great! So doing this at Christmas!

6. 29 October 2012, 12:06 pm - nancy wierenga

were do i find the geletin sheets?? i also like other bloggers only find four packets powdered in a box? thanks

7. 29 October 2012, 2:34 pm - sandeea

6 sheets of gelatin is the equivalent of 3 teaspoons of powdered gelatin or a 10g packet. The original recipe calls for “2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (that Knox stuff)”

8. 10 November 2012, 6:38 pm - Maureen

My mom makes something very similar with pound cake and the jello. Take 3 different color jellos cut them in squares, mix them with whip cream, pineapple juice and gelatin. Put a layer of jello mixture, a layer of poundcake, a layer of jello mixture, another layer of poundcake, put in fridge to mold and it is oh so good

9. 16 November 2012, 1:31 am - Jeniffer Pfeiler

LOOKED AT THIS RECIPE AND LOOKS VERY GOOD ONLY THING IS HOW MANY RECIPES DO YOU USE TO MAKE THE BUNDT PAN FULL. ACCORDING TO THIS RECIPE IT SEEMS TO NOT MAKE A LOT WITH ONLY 1 CAN OF SWEETENED CONDENCED MILK. THANK YOU!

• 4 December 2012, 1:07 am - mz

You are mixing the 1 can of sweetened condensed milk into 2 cups of gelatin mixture (1 cup hot, 1 cup cold water, plus the gelatin).

10. 2 December 2012, 5:38 pm - Alicia

Is that two boxes of jello of each color or two boxes total? (1 green, 1 red)? Thank you

• 12 December 2012, 6:34 pm - sarah

It looks like two boxes of EACH color, for a total of 4 boxes. Or if you buy a bigger box of each color, 2 little bags of powdered jello. That’s my interpretation…

• 24 December 2013, 9:15 am - Alexis S

The recipe said 1 box of the red and then 1 box of the green (lemon with green food coloring or etc.)
      6 oz
      so its one of each color not 2 according to whats above.

11. 2 December 2012, 7:28 pm - Ruth

Se mira deliciosa esta gelatina, la voy a hacer, me gustan sus colores.

12. 19 July 2013, 7:57 pm - Annabelle

Are there just 2 colors of jello used? Recipe says red and green but the picture looks like there could be a yellow/orange also. I hope you still are informed about the comments here….waiting for your reply. Thank you.

13. 11 October 2013, 6:08 pm - Nina Donovan

I’M ASKING the same questions is this packets of gelatin?

14. 1 March 2014, 7:51 pm - alicia lizarraga

Muchas gracias por la receta, yo la haré con 5 colores de gelatina y le agregare a la de leche canela y vainilla

15. 22 June 2014, 1:52 am - Pam

If you use red jello and blue jello this would make a great 4th of July dessert too. I may be trying this for that.

16. 5 November 2014, 12:03 am - Kathy

If I read the recipe correctly…you’d need to buy two cans of the condensed milk..I’ve never seen a BIG can..so you’d have to buy two…its 26 oz. I guess in other countries, they make small (which we know of only) and big. If you think I made a mistake..please let me know. :)

They make blue jello? what a great idea for 4th of July!!!

17. 5 November 2014, 12:05 am - Kathy

I should make it clear..I’ve never seen a can of 26 oz. condensed milk ever! I think the kind we’ve only seen is 12-14 oz. I’m 60 yrs. old..and I’ve only seen the small cans.

18. 6 November 2014, 7:53 pm - FELICIA JIMENEZ

Gracias, linda y rica la receta. Seria tan amable de indicarme que es un molde Bunt?, son los de aluminio que se usan para queque?

Bendiciones. Gracias

19. 10 December 2014, 9:55 pm - Debbie Roberts

Can you freeze this until ready to eat

20. 17 December 2014, 6:28 pm - Briana Laurian

For this recipe 12 unflavored gelatin sheets is equivalent to 2 Knox Unflavored Gelatine envelopes.

Responder a este comentario

Talk now or forever hold your peace