Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 2 min (each)
Yield: 6 chocotacos
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 115 g de azúcar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 500 ml icecream of your choice
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 50 g cocoa butter (optional)
- 100 g chopped hazelnuts
- Combine the egg, egg white and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Beat in the sugar and beat until sugar is incorporated and the egg has lightened in color slightly, about 1 minute. Beat another 15 seconds to incorporate the flour and remove all lumps. Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Heat waffle cone maker to desired settings. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of the waffle cone maker and gently press the lid until closed. Cook waffle cones for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove it from the waffle maker and fold it over a small box to make a taco shell shape. Let cool.
- To make the chocolate topping, place the chocolate (chopped) and cocoa butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted. Apply a chocolate layer inside each taco (this will prevent them from getting moist with the icecream) and let it harden on the fridge
- Let the ice cream soften a bit, fill the taco shells with icecream and place in the freezer to harden. Dip each taco in melted chocolate, top inmediately some chopped hazelnuts, and freeze until hardened. If you’re making these in advance, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until you’re ready to eat them.
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+