Yesterday we went out for a picnic. I had prepared lots of stuffed sandwiches specially thought to be enjoyed outdoors. I also had prepared again the hard boiled egg cookies, so we just needed some fresh water to have a simple and yet delicious meal in the open air.
Summary: Bread stuffed with baked eggs, cheese, bacon and spinach, two ways. Inspired by this idea from Spoon, Fork, Bacon
- 4 mini baguettes (or a large one)
- 4 eggs
- 50 g cream cheese (2 ounces aprox)
- 100 g bacon (4 ounces aprox)
- 100 g cheese, cut into cubes. I used a mix from Arla Finello with cheddar and samsoe (4 ounces aprox)
- 50 g fresh spinach (2 ounces aprox)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- If you want to make the boat version, cut a “V” through the tops of each mini baguette and unstuff the baguettes. If you want to make the large stuffed baguette version, slice off one end of the baguette. Use an apple corer to unstuff the baguette. Set aside.
- Finely chop the spinach and reserve.
- Place the eggs and cheese cream into a bowl and beat well. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into each mini baguette boat or fill a large baguette with the mixture, and seal the end with some breadcrumbs (you might bake the stuffed baguette slightly elevated over an aluminium foil ball as well). In both cases, cover baguettes with aluminium foil, so that they do not burn in the oven.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.(although it can also be enjoyed completely cold)
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+