Recipe: Deep-fried Babybel
- 2 pkg Babybel (12 pcs)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs.
- 2 cups (olive) oil for frying
- Beat the eggs in a bowl
- Place bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a different bowl
- Dip the cheese in the egg, coating it completely.
- Roll the egg coated cheese in the crumb. Place on a plate. Repeat for remainder.
- Let them set for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the egg and crumb process with the already coated cheese.
- Deep fry 1 or 2 at a time in olive oil for about 30 sec each side or until golden brown
- Remove from oil and place over paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve immediately with fresh figs and walnuts. If you want to prepare the lollipops, you will have to wait about 30 min after deep frying before placing the sticks, so that the cheese has hardeneded again and the stick can stay in place.
Advice for beginners:
This tastes a lot better if you remove the wax coating from the cheese before frying 😉
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Autora : Sandeea Cocina Google+